- Momentum in System Integration continues. SI a growth area for HCL. The company bagged Rs.1200 crores worth of orders, in the last five months.
- HCL expands its SI verticals. Enter new solutions segments & bag orders from new customers across industry verticals.
- Pioneers the cause of IT penetration in India with the launch of MiLeap leaptops, the next generation, ultra portable, laptops.
- The year saw growth in Services business portfolio of HCL, the services business grew by 35% from Rs.360 crores to Rs.485 crores.
- The non-telecom distribution business grew over 270% during FY 07-08.
Highlights for FY 07-08
The company has reported quarterly consolidated revenue of Rs. 3155.5 crores (USD 788.5 Mn), taking consolidated revenues to Rs. 12605.3 crores (USD 3149.7 Mn) for the year ended June 30, 2008.
Consolidated profit before tax during the quarter was Rs. 95.6 crores (USD 23.9 Mn), taking the consolidated profit before tax for the year to Rs. 430.1 crores (USD 107.5 Mn).
Consolidated profit after tax during the quarter was Rs. 65.1 crores (USD 16.3 Mn), taking the consolidated profit after tax for the year to Rs. 300.1 crores (USD 75.0 Mn).
Revenue from Computer Systems business during the quarter was Rs. 876.6 crores (USD 219.0 Mn), taking the revenues for the year to Rs. 3388.9 crores (USD 846.8 Mn), a growth of 22 %.
Profit before interest & taxes for Computer Systems business during the quarter was Rs. 39.1 crores (USD 9.8 Mn), taking the PBIT for the year to Rs. 199.5 crores (USD 49.9 Mn), a growth of 14%.
Revenue from Telecommunication & Office Automation business during the quarter was Rs. 2278.2 crores (USD 569.3 Mn), taking the revenues for the year to Rs. 9222.8 crores (USD 2304.4 Mn).
Profit before interest & taxes for Telecommunication & Office Automation business was Rs. 70.9 crores (USD 17.7 Mn), taking the PBIT for the year to Rs. 285.4 crores (USD 71.3 Mn).
Consolidated EPS for the year ended 30th June 2008 was Rs. 17.6 per share.
Board of Directors has recommended a final dividend of 100% per fully paid up share, taking the total dividend for the year 2007-08 to 400%.
Conversion Rate 1 USD = 40.02 INR