- The Board of Directors declared 75% quarterly dividend.
- Launch of ‘HCL Touch’ a new benchmark in laptop service.
- The company bags over Rs. 300 crores worth of System Integration orders, during OND 08.
- HCL inaugurates software development centre at Jaipur.
- Launch of ‘HCL Security Ltd’. Integrated technology solutions for infrastructure security & safety.
- Announces a series of proactive business enabling initiatives.
- Launch of ‘HCL Store’. Online purchase portal for customers.
- HCL Adjudged ‘The Best Desktop PC Brand’ by Computer Active Magazine.
- Ranks among top three in the ‘Best Companies to Work for in India’ survey conducted by BT, TNS, Mercer.
The company has reported consolidated revenue of Rs. 3140.1 crores (USD 646.1 Mn) for the quarter ended December 31, 2008.
Consolidated services revenue for the quarter was Rs. 172.4 crores (USD 35.5 Mn), a growth of 41% over the corresponding quarter of the previous year.
Consolidated profit before tax for the quarter was Rs. 81.0 crores (USD 16.7 Mn).
Consolidated profit before tax & exchange rate impact (including unrealised impact on restatement at the period end rate) for the quarter was Rs. 90.6 crores (USD 18.6 Mn). Provisions include a provision against receivables of a customer in the current quarter of Rs. 9 crores (USD 1.8 Mn), which has impacted the operating margin by 30 bps.
Revenue from Computer Systems business for the quarter was Rs. 818.2 crores (USD 168.4 Mn). Profit before interest & taxes for Computer Systems business for the quarter was Rs. 36.6 crores (USD 7.5 Mn).
Revenue from Telecommunication and Office Automation business for the quarter was Rs. 2325.3 crores (USD 478.5 Mn). Profit before interest & taxes for Telecommunication and Office Automation business for the quarter was Rs. 61.0 crores (USD 12.6 Mn).
Consolidated EPS for the year ended 31st December 2008 was Rs. 3.2 per share.
The Board of Directors has declared second quarterly interim dividend of Rs. 1.5/- per share
(75 % on an equity share of par value of Rs. 2/- each)
Conversion Rate 1 USD = 48.60 INR